Yorkie Milk Chocolate Bar 3 Pack
Yorkie chocolate evolved from a bar that was originally launched in 1924 under the name 'York Chocolate' as a single milk chocolate bar produced in York.
- YORKIE chocolate evolved from a bar that was originally launched in 1924 under the name 'York Chocolate' as a single milk chocolate bar produced in York.
- Throughout Second World War York Chocolate was the only chocolate Rowntree's continued to produce, it was produced as a plain chocolate with added vitamins to be sent to refugees in camps, or supplied for soldiers ration packs.
- In 1966 York Chocolate was discontinued, then 10 years later in 1976 York Chocolate is re-launched under than brand name YORKIE, with its name due to it being manufactured at our factory in YORK where it still continues to be produced to this day.
- YORKIE set out to be a chunky alternative to other rival chocolate bars and was advertised as the bar of choice of the long distance lorry driver in it TV advertisement with the caption "YORKIE - chunky milk chocolate".
- YORKIE advertising continued the association with motoring through the 1970's and 1980's and other later tongue-in-cheek campaigns have consistently positioned it as the man's chocolate brand.
- YORKIE does not contain any artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
- Five solid chunks of smooth, milk chocolate
- No artificial colours*, flavours or preservatives*
- *Milk chocolate is naturally free from colours & preservatives